Recipe by dividend
This is a good ham stock for use in soups or bean dishes. The dried thyme is good for cajun type dishes.
- 1 smoked ham hock
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 carrots, peeled and broken in half
- 2 stalks celery, washed and broken in half
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme, tied in a cheesecloth
- 10 cups cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all the ingredients to the pressure cooker.
- Lock on the lid and bring to pressure over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 1 hour.
- Let the pressure drop naturally.
- Remove the lid and strain through a cheesecloth lined colander.
- Cool in the fridge, skim off the fat, and use or divide up for freezing.