Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A hearty, fairly rich sauce for ham steaks - these steaks go well with potatoes.
Make and share this Ham Steaks with Whiskey Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ham steaks
- 3 ounces butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon whiskey
- 1 ounce flour
- 3⁄4 cup broth
- salt and pepper
- Brush the steaks with melted butter and grill or broil 7-8 minutes per side.
- Fry the onion in remaining butter.
- Remove onion from heat and stir in flour.
- Add the broth and return to the heat.
- When boiling, add sugar and simmer 2 minutes to cook the flour.
- Remove from the heat and add whiskey.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve over ham.
I used a small box of ham ham stock for the gravy but it didn't go as well for the family as I'd hoped it would.