Recipe by sprinkledpink
From the Ontario LCBO publication Food and Drink. Very simple and delicious. Also great to use with leftover baked ham slices. Try it with Root Vegetable Home Fries, which will also be posted.
Top Review by Morningfeather
This was fantastic. We liked it much better than the pineapple glaze that we usually use. Really don't think we will be using anything but this recipe from now on. Thank you so much for sharing a new standard for me - we loved it!
- 3⁄4 cup port wine
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or 1 teaspoon cinnamon stick
- 6 thick ham slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven the 425*F (220*C).
- Place the port, honey,brown sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Boil the glaze for 3 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Place the ham slices, slightly overlapping, in a baking dish and pour over the glaze.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then baste the slices with the glaze and continue to cook for another 10 minutes or until the glaze is bubbling. Serve with root vegetable home fries or your favorite side.