Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe years ago in a magazine and it's been a favorite of mine since I first made it. Hope you will enjoy it!
- 88.74 ml butter
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 6 ham steaks
- 118.29 ml green onion, chopped
- 354.88 ml sliced mushrooms
- 9.85 ml flour
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 44.37 ml coffee
- Melt the butter and brown sugar in a heavy skillet.
- Season the ham steaks with pepper.
- Cook the ham steaks in the butter/brown sugar mixture until done.
- Remove the steaks from the skillet.
- Cook the onions and mushrooms in the same skillet until the onions are translucent.
- Add the flour to the skillet.
- Cook the flour, stirring constantly, until browned.
- Add the chicken broth and coffee.
- Cook the gravy, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Serve gravy over the ham steaks.
Easy & delicious! I cut the recipe in half and used a thick ham slice and it was terrific. Thanks for posting this. I'll make it again and again.
What can I say other than 5 stars when I enjoyed your recipe so much. I cut the recipe back to 2 small ham steaks and used brown sugar substitute with no problems. The bit of coffee is a definate part of the recipe do not omit it. Thanks Dreamgoddess for a neat recipe
This was easy and fairly quick to make. DD is the only family member who likes coffee, but we left it in anyway. So glad we did, otherwise it would have been way too sweet. I used two 8 oz packages of baby bella mushrooms. Next time I will add even more!