Recipe by Dreamgoddess
I found this recipe years ago in a magazine and it's been a favorite of mine since I first made it. Hope you will enjoy it!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 6 ham steaks
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons coffee
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter and brown sugar in a heavy skillet.
- Season the ham steaks with pepper.
- Cook the ham steaks in the butter/brown sugar mixture until done.
- Remove the steaks from the skillet.
- Cook the onions and mushrooms in the same skillet until the onions are translucent.
- Add the flour to the skillet.
- Cook the flour, stirring constantly, until browned.
- Add the chicken broth and coffee.
- Cook the gravy, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Serve gravy over the ham steaks.