Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
For ham steaks or slices of leftover baked ham. Posted for ZWT6.
- 3 pre-cooked ham steaks, 1/2-inch thick or 6 1⁄2 inches slice baked ham
- 2⁄3 cup hazelnuts, roasted & finely ground
- 4 -5 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup sweet cream
- 1⁄3 cup meat stock or 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 475*.
- Trim fat from ham slices.
- Work hazelnuts into butter, forming a thick paste.
- Spread 1/6 of paste on each slice of ham.
- Arrange slices in a single layer in a buttered baking dish.
- Mix cream and stock ,or water, and pour over ham slices.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until sauce is simmering and butter is melted.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and slide under broiler for 5-10 minutes, or until crumbs are golden brown.
This tasted deliciously German! This goes great with a side dish that can sop up the sauce such as mashed potatoes, rice, or spaetzle. Thanks, kellychris! Made for Unrulies Under the Influence, ZWT6.
This is an amazing dish! I was panicing because I went from store to store around my little, country town and could not find hazlenuts anywhere! I ended up substituting almonds and boy were they good. My husband ate until he popped! This will be a must make recipe in our house from now on! Made for ZWT6
Nice change of pace for ham. I had some leftover ham that I sliced up for this. I also liked how easy it was. Thanks kellychis for sharing. Made by an Unruly Under the Influence for ZWT6 Zingo.