- 1 1⁄2 lbs ham, center slices 1 ",thick
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Score ham slices on both sides 1/8-inch thick to make a diamond pattern.
- Brush ham with 1 tablespoon of the maple syrup.
- Broil for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté the apples in the margarine for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the brown sugar and the remaining maple syrup.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spoon over hot ham steaks.