Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a simple, tasty dish that is also kid-friendly. We like to double the sauce so there's plenty to go around. From Bon Appetit.
- 59.14 ml dark brown sugar
- 22.18 ml fresh lime juice
- 198.44-226.79 g ham steaks, 1/2 inch thick
- 14.79 ml butter
- Whisk sugar and lime juice in small bowl to form paste; rub over both sides of ham steak. Place ham on plate and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 3 hours (paste may liquefy).
- Melt butter in medium skillet over medium heat. Add ham to skillet with sugar paste still clinging and sauté until brown and heated through, about 3 minutes per side.
P.S. I forgot to mention I cooked this on my grill pan and while it was MESSY! It was perfect! lol ALSO IMPORTANT! ALL 3 OF MY KIDS cleared their plates and wanted more! THAT says alot!
Wow! Delicious and easy!!! I used this on leftover ham and it worked perfectly. My son asked for this again soon!!!
Great recipe. We enjoyed it. I cooked it on The Griddler and it came out Perfect. Thanks for posting. I made this for Photo Tag. Rita