Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Any leftover ham and beans would be great reheated and served with eggs and toast for a hearty breakfast. (From Betty Crocker's "Money Saving Meals" cookbook).
- In 12" skillet, heat oil over Medium heat.
- Cook ham steak in oil 6-8 minutes, turning once, until browned and hot.
- Remove steak to deep serving platter; cover to keep warm.
- In same skillet, cook bell pepper and onion over Medium heat 2-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender.
- Stir in beans and barbecue sauce.
- Heat until bubbly.
- Pour beans over ham.