Recipe by conniecooks
Comfort food that is quick and easy to prepare
Top Review by waynejohn1234
Made this for dinner tonight and was pleasantly surprised. Next time I will use a sweeter apple (used Granny Smith) because the lemon was quite tart. Also, next time I will add a couple of tablespoons of heavy cream to make a smoother mixture. It is certainly going into my files to stay.
- 2⁄3 cup apple cider or 2⁄3 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb ham steak, cut into 4 portions
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 apple, peeled cored and diced
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄4 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- In a measuring cup combine apple cider, brown sugar, lemon juice, dijon Mustard, & cornstarch until smooth.
- In a large non-stick skillet heat butter over medium high heat.
- Brown ham on both sides.
- Set aside on plate & keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add liquid mixture, green onions, apple and cranberries.
- Cook and stir until sauce thickens.
- Return ham to skillet and cook for 1 -2 minutes or until heated through.