1/2 Photos of Ham Steak & Whiskey Sauce
An Irish dish Gammon.A nice sweet and salty dish.Great for St. Patty's Day!Alternate cooking method: Fry ham in butter 3-4 minutes per side then remove ham add onions cooking till translucent, sprinkle with sugar and then with flour mix till blended in, add stock simmering for 5 minutes. Add whiskey season with salt, pepper and dried parsley. Top ham with sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brush steaks with melted butter.
- 2Trim and cut into fat to prevent curling, and grill for 7-8 minutes each side.
- 3--To make sauce, gently fry onions in remainder of butter until cooked.
- 4Remove from heat cover with foil then whisk flour gradually into pan.
- 5Add water or stock.
- 6Return to heat.
- 7Add brown sugar, Dijon, and vinegar and bring to the boil.
- 8Lower heat and simmer gently for about 3-5 minutes to cook flour.
- 9If sauce seems a little thick, add more water.
- 10Add whiskey and season to taste.
- 11Place ham steaks on a warmed serving platter and pour on sauce.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham Steak & Whiskey Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.7
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 68.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: