Prep 30 mins
Cook 18 mins
Adapted from Gooseberry Patch's The Cozy Home Cookbook. Going to try this one soon.
- 29.58 ml butter
- 59.14 ml brown sugar, packed
- 29.58 ml country style prepared mustard
- 2 medium tart apples, sliced
- 453.59 g ham steak
- Add butter to a skillet and let melt.
- Add in brown sugar and mustard; stir to blend well.
- Add in apples and stir/simmer for about 5-8 minutes or until apples are just tender.
- Transfer apple mixture to another dish.
- Place ham steak in skillet and top with apple mixture.
- Over medium heat, cook, covered, about 5-10 minutes or until ham is thoroughly heated.
Thanks for this recipe. I waited to add the topping/sauce until some of the water cooked off my ham steak. Mine gave off a lot of water, so I'm glad I waited. I used only 1 tbsp of mustard not sure how it would go over with my 7-yr old. I think next time I'll use even less, possibly none. Otherwise, I really liked the apples and pork together.
I used spicy brown mustard, otherwise followed the recipe as instructed. My family loved this recipe (including my 4 year old daughter who loathes mustard, she didn't even notice ;) The ham was very tender for such a quick, easy & tasty preparation. Thanks for posting!