Prep 30 mins
Cook 18 mins
Adapted from Gooseberry Patch's The Cozy Home Cookbook. Going to try this one soon.
Make and share this Ham Steak and Brown Sugar Apples recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons country style prepared mustard
- 2 medium tart apples, sliced
- 1 lb ham steak
- Add butter to a skillet and let melt.
- Add in brown sugar and mustard; stir to blend well.
- Add in apples and stir/simmer for about 5-8 minutes or until apples are just tender.
- Transfer apple mixture to another dish.
- Place ham steak in skillet and top with apple mixture.
- Over medium heat, cook, covered, about 5-10 minutes or until ham is thoroughly heated.
Thanks for this recipe. I waited to add the topping/sauce until some of the water cooked off my ham steak. Mine gave off a lot of water, so I'm glad I waited. I used only 1 tbsp of mustard not sure how it would go over with my 7-yr old. I think next time I'll use even less, possibly none. Otherwise, I really liked the apples and pork together.
I used spicy brown mustard, otherwise followed the recipe as instructed. My family loved this recipe (including my 4 year old daughter who loathes mustard, she didn't even notice ;) The ham was very tender for such a quick, easy & tasty preparation. Thanks for posting!