Recipe by Northwest Lynnie
Very popular with family and friends, I have used this recipe as an hors d'oeuvre on crackers, and as a toasted mini bagel spread for breakfast/brunch picnics. This original dish has flavors that match well with cheeses, eggs, and fruit.
Top Review by flower7
This was very good. I made just half a recipe but used the whole 8 oz cream cheese. Also used ham that was pre-diced and so skipped the processing step and just mixed by hand. Added a little extra mustard because I like the tartness it adds. Made a tasty sandwich for my lunch today. Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 lb good quality turkey ham or 1 lb regular ham
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut ham into large cubes.
- Grind the cubes in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Remove chopped ham to a bowl.
- Add rest of ingredients to food processor and process until well mixed.
- Add ham back to processor containing cream cheese mixture, and mix until well-combined.
- Taste for seasoning and add more ketchup or mustard if desired.
- Chill at least 3 hours for flavors to blend (not included in preparation time).