Recipe by Shahana
Use Toupie Style ham for best results, it is cut about 1/4 inch thick. Personally I rinse the ham under cold water to begin with to remove the excess salt and any preservatives.
- 6 ounces fruit cocktail, Dole's Very Cherry
- 4 ounces pineapple chunks
- 4 ham steaks, Toupie Style
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, increase if desired (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drain all fruit; RESERVE all liquid.
- Cut each ham slice in half and layer in baking pan.
- Pour 1/2 of reserved fruit liquid over ham.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 20 minutes, basting occasionally.
- Meanwhile melt margarine in saucepan; stir in brown sugar, the remaining reserved fruit liquid and the curry powder.
- Add fruit to mixture, cover and cook over very low heat for 15 minutes or until ham is ready, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer ham to serving platter; spoon fruit mixture over ham.