Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
An old-fashioned way of cooking ham. From the Laura Secord Canadian cookbook, which says this recipe comes from PEI.
- 2 slice cooked ham (1 inch thick)
- 4.92 ml dry mustard
- 44.37 ml brown sugar
- 473.18 ml milk
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- Trim the excess fat off the ham and put in a shallow baking dish.
- Combine the mustard and sugar and spread over the ham.
- Cover with the milk and add in the spices.
- Put a lid on the dish or cover the top with foil and bake for 30 minutes in a 300 F oven.
- Bake 30 minutes longer uncovered.
- Remove from liquid and serve.