Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a quick easy receipe and is great with leftover ham or packaged ham steaks.
- 1 lb cooked elbow macaroni or 1 lb other penne pasta
- 3 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, diced
- 1⁄8 cup white onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄8 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet saute ham, red pepper, onion, parsley, garlic, basil, oregano, and rosemay in oil and butter until lightly browned about 4-6 minutes.
- Stir in broth and lemon juice.
- Add in spinach and mushrooms.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in pasta to ham mixture.
- Top with chesse.
Easy to make and WAY yummier than I thought it would be. I just had to drain out some of the liquid before serving - couldn't quite figure out whether I'd done something wrong or what. Maybe it's because I cut back on the quantities of everything else since I was cooking for 3. But having done that, it was perfect. I still had about 2/3rds of it leftover! Will half the recipe next time. Thanks for a good one!