Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Super Simple Crockpot recipe that comes out delicious! ***Note: Both ham and Sauerkraut can be cooked from frozen.
- 3 -5 lbs bone-in ham (a small Smithfield Picnic ham preferred)
- 1 cup water
- 32 ounces fresh sauerkraut (in the refrigerated section of the grocery store)
- 4 medium sized potatoes, Diced
- Combine Ham and Water (enough to cover just the bottom of the pot) in slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- After 6 hours on low or 3 hours on high, remove bone from ham (ham should be falling off of bone) and add sauerkraut. Continue to cook on low for about 4 hours. (You could add small red potatoes or diced potatoes at this time as well.).