Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
My uncle worked as the cook for 30 years in the cafeteria of a large manufacturer in my home town. This is his great sauce to serve with baked ham or ham slices!
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 can pineapple chunk, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with
- 1 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 orange, quartered
- 1⁄2 lemon, quartered
- Combine juice, pineapple and raisins in a sauce pan, bring to a boil.
- Add vinegar and sugar; continue to boil.
- Mix cornstarch with water.
- Slowly add cornstarch liquid to fruit mixture and stir until you have your desired consistency.
- Add orange and lemon wedges.
- Serve warm with ham.
What a wee Godsend this recipe is. I made the sauce as given, then popped slices of ham into it and simmered them together for a few minutes. Necessity is the mother of invention when DH buys a HUGE ham...'cos it was cheap...for 2 people for Christmas. Served the hot ham and sauce with salad and chunks of French loaf. Easy, delicious, forgiving. Many thanks for sharing