- 1⁄2 lb finely ground fully cooked smoked ham
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed relish sandwich spread (mayonnaise-relish sandwich spread)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons milk (about)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a small nonreactive bowl, cover, and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- When almost ready to serve, let the ham salad stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- If the mixture seems dry, add another tablespoon or two of milk.
- Use as a spread for open-faced tea sandwiches or full-size luncheon sandwiches.