Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Leftover ham may be used for making this salad. Enjoy on crackers or in a sandwich. Often used in finger sandwiches for parties or wedding receptions. Good for a light lunch. A real treat!!
- 2 cups ham, finely chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- Ham may be chopped by hand or in a food processor.
- Mix celery, pickle relish, mayonnaise, mustard and celery seed in a medium size bowl. Add chopped ham and eggs. Mix until blended. Keep refrigerated.
- Serve with/on crackers or in a sandwich.
I ground the ham in the food processor for a smoother texture, and mashed the seasonings with the egg yolk before mixing everything together. DH really enjoyed the egg in this. Thanks for posting! Made for Aus/NZ recipe swap.
This was good but we didn't much care for the egg or the celery seed in it. Onion would be a nice addition!
The DM and I enjoyed this ever so much as a sandwich filling for lunch. I scaled it back to 1 cup and still have about 1/3 left (sure the DS will have it for his sandwich for tomorrow). Unfortunately I had to omit the sweet relish as I didn't have any and used a dijon mustard just adding a little extra of that and the egg mayo that I used. Thank you Seasoned Cook, made for Edition 7 - Make My Recipe.