Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
This is the ham salad recipe I used for sandwiches at my wedding reception. The salt is optional depending on the saltiness of your ham - if the ham is salty you may not need the additional salt. You can certainly use it on any bread of your choice, but I like it on wheat bread that has been lightly buttered. Buttering the bread keeps the bread from becoming soggy.
Top Review by Kimmer76
I don't like taking things that require mayonnaise for lunch, so I looked for a recipe for a ham salad that used cream cheese instead of mayo. I mixed it up tonight, and I was really impressed by all the flavors. I'm sure tomorrow, once all the flavors have had a chance to meld, it will be even better. I'm planning on eating mine with crackers. Thanks for posting this!!!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 lb smoked ham, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, optional if needed
- whole wheat bread or bread, of choice
- butter (for bread)