Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the ham salad recipe I used for sandwiches at my wedding reception. The salt is optional depending on the saltiness of your ham - if the ham is salty you may not need the additional salt. You can certainly use it on any bread of your choice, but I like it on wheat bread that has been lightly buttered. Buttering the bread keeps the bread from becoming soggy.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 lb smoked ham, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, optional if needed
- whole wheat bread or bread, of choice
- butter (for bread)
- Coarsely chop ham and place in food processor.
- Pulse a few times until ground, but not mushy.
- In large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and butter until well mixed.
- Add remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Spread on lightly buttered wheat bread.
I don't like taking things that require mayonnaise for lunch, so I looked for a recipe for a ham salad that used cream cheese instead of mayo. I mixed it up tonight, and I was really impressed by all the flavors. I'm sure tomorrow, once all the flavors have had a chance to meld, it will be even better. I'm planning on eating mine with crackers. Thanks for posting this!!!
Really great! My wife is a mayonnaise hater, so I search high and low for recipes like this. We made these during our last OAMC session. We flash froze this on wax paper in sandwich sized balls, and transferred to a ziplock when they were solid. For lunch, we took toasted bread in one container, and a ball of sandwich filling in another. By the time lunch rolled around, the filling was defrosted enough to spread, but still cold from having been frozen. And the taste was amazing! We used double the ham out of personal preference, but kept the rest the same. Thanks so much!