Recipe by CookinCowgirl
Wondering what to do with left-over ham? I came up with this because I love tuna melts, and thought "what the heck," why not a melt with ham? I serve this with coleslaw or spinach salad with honey mustard bacon dressing.
Top Review by Kaye Bailey
I made this almost as directed omitting the salt since my leftover ham was a bit salty. The sweet relish is a nice touch. I made my sandwich without the bread and DH's with whole wheat. To make without bread I dished my serving onto an oven-proof plate and broiled until the cheese bubbled. I broiled DH's open-faced rather than skillet cook. Thanks CookinCowgirl! Very good use of leftover ham.
- 1 cup cooked ham, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons celery, minced
- 2 tablespoons scallions, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish
- 1⁄2 tablespoon parsley, minced
- salt and fresh pepper
- 4 slices bread, of choice
- 4 slices havarti cheese or 4 slices muenster cheese
- sliced tomatoes
- butter or oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the salad ingredients together in a bowl.
- Make four sandwiches with the bread, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese.
- Heat a skillet over medium low setting.
- Cook the sandwiches in the butter or oil until browned on both sides and the cheese is melted.
- Cut in halves and serve.