Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
OK, this might seem like it's way to fussy, but hey, treat your honey to something festive! This is a 1968 recipe, if that is a clue.
- 1 small pineapple, chilled
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (or your choice of salad dressing)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Cut pineapple in half lengthwise.
- Remove hard core.
- Cut around edge of fruit, leaving a rim about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut loosened fruit crosswise; remove and dice.
- Combine 1 cup of the diced pineapple with ham, celery, and green pepper.
- Blend mayonnaise and mustard; add to ham mixture.
- Toss to coat ingredients.
- Spoon into pineapple boats.
- (The leftover fresh pineapple is delicious mixed with cottage cheese for another meal).