Recipe by duonyte
I was cleaning out a canvas bag and found this recipe tucked inside it. I have no idea of where I got it, but am posting it, as it sounds like a good way to make use of leftover ham. The US measurements are not precise, but close enough for this kind of dish. Use the converter if you want precision.
- 500 g potatoes (about 1 lb)
- 200 g leftover ham, cut into thin strips (about 1/2 lb)
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated (about 1/4 lb)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate the potatoes and place in a colander. With your hands, squeeze out as much of the liquid as you can. Place the grated potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add the ham, cheese and chives to the bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir until well combined.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil. When hot, drop 1/3 cup portions of the rosti mix into the skillet.
- Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, until golden and crisp.
- Transfer to a platter and cover to keep warm, while cooking the rest.