Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
So many variations on these! Bring it on! This is from the Junior League of Scranton, Pennsylvania under appetizers. After slicing, be sure to serve on something such as round crackers, unless you're going low-carb, of course!
- 12 slices boiled ham
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup nuts, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Have butcher slice boiled ham into paper-thin slices.
- Combine cream cheese, nuts, and garlic; add a small amount of mayonnaise, trying not to thin the mixture.
- Spread each slice of ham with mixture and roll as for jelly roll.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Cut into three or four slices.
Made for Aus/NZ Swap 40. I made these as one of the appies for the wedding shower. They were gone in a split second. What a simple and lovely treat. Perfect to make when company comes for an impromtu visit.
What a delightful little recipe! I really liked the contrast of the nuts (I used roasted hazelnuts) against the smooth creaminess of the cream cheese mixture. This was put together with lightening speed,and eaten just as quickly.A great little appetiser,perfect for the up-coming party season.Thanks Mersaydees.Made for ZaarTag.