Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
This is a great recipe. It takes a bit of effort, but it is a great meal to prepare for guests or special occasions!
- 1 (3 lb) roasting chickens
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1⁄4 cup chopped water chestnut
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- peanut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bone chicken according to directions.
- Combine soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sherry and sugar; set aside.
- Finely chop the giblets from the chicken.
- Combine with mushrooms, ham and the water chestnuts.
- Heat wok over high heat about 30 seconds; add peanut oil.
- Add giblet mixture; stir fry 3 minutes. Mix in rice and salt. Add soy sauce mixture.
- Cook, stirring 1 minute longer. Cool thoroughly (close chicken neck end with 4 inch skewer first).
- Spoon the stuffing into cavity, then close bottom end with another 4-inch skewer.
- Place chicken in a oiled roasting pan. Combine corn syrup and remaining 1 tablespoon sherry.
- Brush over chicken, then brush with oil.
- Roast at 375°F for 45 minutes, or until done.