Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Simple and tasty. A great way to use up leftover ham.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup Cheez Whiz, melted
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- Combine all ingredients, mixing well.
- Place in large buttered casserole dish.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes. Stir and continue baking for another 40 minutes, or until rice is done.
A little salty for our taste. Since we don't have Cheez Whiz used grated cheddar and parmesean. Omitted onion. Still, just real good comfort food. Thanks for posting!