Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ham isn't MY favorite meat, but when combined with the ingredients here, my family really enjoys it!
- 1 (1 lb) box rotini pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked ham, about 1/2 lb, slivered
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup dark raisin
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pimiento, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook the rotini according to the directions on the box.
- Meanwhile, saute the ham & garlic in oil & butter for 3 minutes, then add the last 4 ingredients & saute 3 minutes longer.
- Toss the ham/raisin mixture with the drained, hot pasta.
- If desired, top with grated Parmesan cheese.
I loved the raisins and walnut combination. I left out the pimiento as I didn't have any, but I did use the parmesan. I used a lot less oil. Thanks!
Quite tasty!! Loved the different textures and tastes! Used prosciutto and a little less oil. Thanks Sydney!
This is a great combination, oil and garlic with raisins and nuts. Very tasty, and quick and easy to make. Because it is not low-cal, low-fat I would recommend counting this as 8 servings with a light salad or vegetable on the side. Made for Holiday Tag Game. Thanks for posting Syd!