A farm-food classic, but low in fat and perfectly suited to today's lighter diets. Not a soup, not a stew, but a one-pot meal that stays good on those busy days when everyone has to eat on a different schedule.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cube the potatoes, peeling first if desired.
- 2String the beans and break into 2 inch pieces.
- 3Coarsely chop the onion.
- 4Place ham, potatoes, beans, black pepper, and onions into a wide, shallow pot or dutch oven.
- 5Add enough water to come within a couple inches of the top of the food.
- 6Bring the pot to a boil then simmer gently for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 7This can be drippy so I suggest serving it in bowls or soup plates.
- 8Cornbread makes a good accompaniment if you want to sop up the juices.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham, Potatoes, and Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.5
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 36.4 mg
- Sodium 1612.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 21.9 g