Recipe by Nicole Brummett
Not sure where I got this one, but it's really good. Great and quick way to fix a meal with stuff you probably already have on hand. I have also added kernel corn and French fried onions to this for a little more flavor.
Top Review by Jadelabyrinth
This was pretty good. I bought au gratin potatoes by mistake, but went ahead and used them anyways. I subbed in corn for the beans. After getting the dish put together, I froze it before baking. It took about 24 hours to thaw, then I cooked it for 45 minutes. Worked great. Only complaint I have is that using a mix as a base tends for a salty end product.
- 1 (5 ounce) package scalloped potatoes mix, you will use sauce packet
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In an ungreased 1 1/2 quart baking dish, combine potatoes with sauce mix, boiling water, and butter.
- Stir in ham, milk and green beans.
- Bake uncovered at 400° for 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.