Recipe by TSpoon in UT
This is my maternal grandmother's recipe. She preferred the Spam version - she had an affinity for Spam.
- 2 (24 ounce) cans Spam, cubed (or use equivalent ham)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 5 cups cubed potatoes
- 3 cups cubed carrots
- 10 ounces peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the potatoes, carrots and peas to cook, then drain.
- Lightly brown Spam and onions in butter.
- Stir in flour.
- Stir in milk.
- Cook until thickened slightly.
- Add soup and stir well.
- Add potatoes and carrots.
- Pour into 9X13 inch pan.
- Bake 30 minutes in 350 degree oven.