Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 lbs frozen hash browns, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sauce
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine
- Assembly Directions:.
- Combine first 8 ingredients and mix well. Place this mixture in a 9x13 pan, two smaller pans, 1-gallon freezer bags or rigid freezer containers. Combine corn flake crumbs and margarine/butter. Sprinkle these over pans or place in separate freezer bags.
- For Scalloped Potatoes: Omit ham and assemble the same.
- Freezing Directions:.
- Cover casserole tightly with foil, freezer wrap or place pan in 2-gallon freezer bag. Seal bags well, squeezing out excess air. Label and freeze.
- Serving Directions:.
- Thaw completely. If necessary, sprinkle with cornflake topping. Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- Frozen casserole may be baked for 1-1/2 hours at 350 degrees.
- *Be sure to freeze the bag of crumbs WITH the casserole or you will lose them! And yes, it is best to do the crumb topping now. In our experience, those corn flakes will never be there the day you need them!
- *Mixing this in a LARGE pot or plastic tub with your hands is the quickest way but you may get frostbite! Wear thick rubber gloves. They work great!
- *See White Sauce recipe.
- *For a lower fat meal, use our fat free white sauce along with lower or fat free sour cream and cheese.
Wonderful and easy, and my family loved it. Have already made this twice and will definitely make again!