Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very easy and delicious stick to your ribs casserole. Serve it with a salad and bread & butter.........a real man-pleaser!
- 2 cups cubed ham
- 6 -10 sliced potatoes (, depends on size of family)
- 1 large onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 can Campbell's condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 cup milk
- salt & pepper
- Velveeta cheese slices (optional)
- Peel and slice potatoes, carrots, and onion.
- Mix ham cubes with vegetables.
- spray 11x14 baking dish with Pam.
- Put vegetables in dish.
- Mix soups and milk with a wire whisk.
- When smooth add to vegetables and ham.
- Mix well then sprinkle with salt& pepper.
- You may cover the top with sliced Velveeta cheese if you prefer.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 1 hour at 350 or until vegetables are tender.
- Note: When ham prices are low, usually at Christmas& Easter I always buy 2 hams, cube it, then can it into pint jars.
- This way the ham is always tender and has it's own natural juices. I mix the juices with the soups.
In theory I expected this to be good old “Comfort Food” but unfortunately it didn’t turn out that way for me. I found that once I got it all mixed up that two cans of soup plus a cup of milk just made it way to liquid. I think part of the problem here was that I was closer to having six potatoes as opposed to ten, which would have absorbed much more of the sauce. When I took it out a hour later the vegetables were still not quite cooked and all the cheese just disappeared into the soup mixture. I also found that one large onion was quite overpowering with the vegetables. Never-the-less I’m submitting a photo of this dish in gratitude of your sharing it, I just wish I could have given you a more positive review. What can I say... you win some you loose some.
This is definitely an addition to my "comfort food" category. I didn't have any of the cream soups called for, so I used two cans of cream of chicken soup - worked out fine. Otherwise, I made no changes to the recipe as written. Easy to put together (you could do ahead if you wanted to) and toss into the oven. I served it with salad and warm cornbread.
All I can say is WOW!! This is one of those recipes you try and you know you will be making it often. Thanks for the great recipe teresa lynn.