1 hr 30 mins
In 'Pot Pies' by Diane Phillips
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 medium red potatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/3 lb cooked ham, sliced very thin (or julienne strips of thicker ham slices)
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups fresh grated swiss cheese
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°; butter a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- 2Spread a layer of potatoes on the bottom of the pan, and sprinkle the potatoes with some of the salt and pepper.
- 3Cover the potatoes with a few of the onion slices, a layer of ham, then another layer of potatoes.
- 4Season and continue the layering process until you have used all the potatoes for the final layer.
- 5In a bowl, beat together the cream, eggs, and mustard.
- 6Pour the mixture over the potatoes, and sprinkle the top with grated cheese.
- 7Cover the casserole with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- 8Uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes, until the potatoes are tender, and the cheese is golden.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham Pot Pie Topped With Scalloped Potato Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 535.8
- Calories from Fat 363
- Total Fat 40.4 g
- Saturated Fat 23.7 g
- Cholesterol 214.2 mg
- Sodium 599.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 18.9 g