Recipe by Marlene.
This isn't "pot pie" like you might know it! :) This is total comfort food, very simply made , nothing fancy whatsoever. If you have ham, I'd say you have everything :) Great on a cold night and even better the next day as these types of dishes usually are!
- 1 lb boneless ham
- 5 medium potatoes, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup water
- green beans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put ham in about 8 cups of water. Bring to a boil, turn down and simmer gently for 4 hours.
- Remove ham, chunk it up, then return back into the broth.
- Add onions and potatoes.
- While that is simmering , mix your flour , eggs and water to make a dough. Roll out to approximately 1/4" thick on a floured surface.
- Cut into 2" squares (I use a pizza cutter).
- Add these to the pot and simmer an additional 45-60 minutes or until dough squares are done!
- You can also throw in some green beans if you like! I add them closer to the end so they don't mush up too much :).