Recipe by Ceezie
A great way to use up that leftover holiday ham. I got this from crisco.com The dough does have to chill for 1 hour.
- 1 cup butter flavor shortening
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped cooked ham
- 1 -2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped dill pickles, about 6-inchsnack size"
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together shortening and cream cheese. Add flour and salt; beat at medium speed until a soft dough forms. Divide dough into 4 pieces; wrap and chill for 1 hour. Combine filling ingredients.
- Roll one piece of dough to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. (Keep remaining dough chilled until needed). Cut with a floured 3-inch round cutter. Place on an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon filling onto each round. Fold pastry in half and press edges together with fork to seal. Prick top of each pastry with fork. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Bake at 400ºF for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.