Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
for the lunch box.
- 2 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 55 g chilled butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup prepared pasta sauce
- 120 g shaved ham, shredded
- 440 g unsweetened crushed canned pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Rub in butter with your fingertips to form fine breadcrumbs. Stir in milk with a flat bladed knife, until dough comes together.
- Tip dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently. Divide dough in half and roll out each portion to a 15cm x 30cm rectangle. Spread each portion with pasta sauce. Sprinkle each with ham, pineapple and cheese. Roll up from the longer side to enclose filling.
- Trim end if necessary. Cut into 2cm wide pieces with a lightly floured serrated knife. Place onto a prepared tray, allowing room for spreading. Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until puffed and golden. Scrolls can be served warm or cold.