Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Wonderful dish handed down from my grandmother. Great for using leftover ham.
Make and share this Ham Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups leftover ham, cubed
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can sweet peas, drained
- salt and pepper
- 4 -5 eggs, boiled and diced
- Crisco shortening
- In a large pan, boil ham and carrots for approximately 30-45 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
- Reduce heat to medium high.
- I usually make sure I have at 1/2 pan of water left once carrots are done.
- Depending on how"soupy" you want the dish to be, you can have more or less.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together 2 cups self rising flour, 1/2 tsp salt and about 3-4 tablespoons Crisco until blended. Add 3/4 cup milk and stir until doughy.
- Drop this mixture into water a small spoonful at a time to make dumplings.
- Add sweet peas and diced eggs.
- Add milk as desired to turn the broth white.
- Salt and pepper to taste, Cook an additional 5 minutes until dumplings are done.