Recipe by danno 50
I have also made this with Asparagus or peas and soy bean mixture. Use you choice of fresh or dried pasta. Very rich and VERY good! Leftover sauce is awesome the next day.
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked ham, cut into 1 inch long strips
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- 1.) Fry Mushrooms, Onions, and Garlic until just soft in your favorite oil until just soft.
- 2.) Remove from heat and place in a bowl with Ham and Peas which you will add to the sauce later.
- 3.) On medium low heat, melt Butter and Cream Cheese. Stir to combine and then add Whipping Cream.
- 4.) Turn heat to medium and bring to a soft boil. Add Ham and Pea mixture and bring to a soft boil again. Reduce to simmer and bring your pasta water to a boil.
- 5.) Boil pasta till al dente. Drain and serve with covered with Alfredo sauce.
- 6.) Finish with fresh ground nutmeg or garnish of your choice.