Recipe by Simply Sarah
This is a great mayo based cold salad for the summer. When I was little, my mom would make a bowl and I would finish all of the leftovers the next day. Since my fiance hates onions, I stir them in last after I scoop his half into another bowl.
Top Review by MommaEllen
What a nice change from tuna! I would have never thought of using ham. I used the recipe for recipe#71967 and this was really good. Made for Fall PAC '08. Thank you for sharing!
- 0.5 (16 ounce) boxof salad shell pasta
- 2 (5 ounce) cans ham
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs
- 1 medium onion
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- season salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, peel and dice boiled egg and onion. Drain cans of ham and place in a bowl. Using a fork, shred the ham.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add egg, onion, pickle relish, and mayonnaise. Stir. If salad is too dry, add more mayonnaise.
- Add season salt to taste. Stir.
- Serve warm with Club Crackers or cover and chill several hours in the refrigerator and serve cold (preferred).