Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I tried this recipe from a brand names cookbook. It is wonderful, and now our favorite macaroni salad.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 lb diced ham
- 1 diced red pepper
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 cups diced celery
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- Mix first six ingredients in a large bowl.
- Blend the mayonnaise, vinegar, onion powder, pepper, and dill weed together. Pour over the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours, or overnight to blend flavors.
Loved this! I used a green pepper instead of a red, but the flavors still blended very well. I usually substitute half plain yogurt for half mayo, but forgot to this time. I bet it would work well. I also halved the recipe but used the full amount of dill and pepper.
A pasta salad with a unique flavor. We refrigerated for 15 hours. On the first serving, I felt the pineapple was to dominate. The next day the flavors seemed to blend much better. LOved the dill in it. Next time we'll try this using popcorn shrimp in place of the ham. Thanks for sharing.