Recipe by PookieBearOfNJ
I got this recipe from Home Cookin' about 5 years ago. This dish is a hit with adults as well as children. It's perfect for a Pot Luck because you can assemble it the day before. Enjoy!
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli, cooked & drained
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked & drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine flour, onion, salt, mustard and pepper.
- Gradually stir in milk until blended.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in broccoli, macaroni, ham and cheese.
- Transfer to an ungreased 2 quart baking dish.
- For topping, combine butter and breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle over macaroni mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.