Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Ham sandwich, but with toasted Jewish rye bread. This yummy toasted bread makes it great!
- 3-5 slice deli smoked ham (I add several slices)
- 1 slice American cheese
- 2-4 slice jewish rye bread (depends if you want to cut and stack it!)
- Kraft mayonnaise (A little or a lot...you decide!)
- green leaf lettuce or iceberg lettuce
- 1 slice tomatoes (optional)
- deli sliced smoked turkey (can be added if you like)
- Toast the slices of Jewish Rye bread, then spread the Kraft REAL MAYO on one or both slices. Add your meat(s), cheese, lettuce, tomato. Then if you like, add a green olive to the top or have a dill pickle spear to compliment this sandwich. Enjoy!
- *Of course you can add or delete any items to suit your own taste!
- **When I am out of rye bread, I use HomePride wheat bread. Also, my husband and I have found the best deli style smoked ham at Wal-Mart Supercenters. It is from Land O' Frost and is called DAGWOOD smoked ham. Absolutely the best in our opinion!
OMG! This was a wonderful sandwich, and although I stone ground mustard with horseradish in place of the mayo, I did add the turkey as well and could not have been more pleased. I may add some dill pickles next time too! :) Very big sandwich, so bring your appetite with this one! Thanks so much for a simple recipe but oh so good.
Of course, 5 stars!!! Piled it high-high. Who could go wrong with YOUR directions and those yummy ingredients. Delish!! Hope you like the photo. Hugs, Caroline