1/3 Photos of Ham Omelet Deluxe
Not your boring everyday egg omelet by any means! The trick to this (or any omelet) is try to avoid overcooking, as the omelet tends to get dry, you will love this for brunch or even for week night dinner with a small side salad and a crusty roll, it's easy and so delicious! Prep time includes chopping veggies, and cooking time is only estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch baking powder (this will make the eggs fluffy)
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions (or to taste, can use chives also)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (optional but good to add in)
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3/4 cup finely chopped cooked ham
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped green bell peppers
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped tomatoes
- 2 -3 fresh mushrooms, sliced (can use canned also)
- 2 -3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 -3 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1In a small bowl, beat the eggs, pinch baking powder, cream, onions, garlic salt and pepper (if not using the garlic salt, season with regular salt).
- 2Heat butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat; add in the egg mixture.
- 3As the eggs set; lift the edges with a spatula, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- 4Sprinkle with ham, green peppers, tomato and mushrooms.
- 5When eggs are set (but moist), remove from heat, and fold omelet in half.
- 6Sprinkle with both cheeses; cover the frypan for about 1-2 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham Omelet Deluxe
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 857.7
- Calories from Fat 603
- Total Fat 67.0 g
- Saturated Fat 32.6 g
- Cholesterol 827.1 mg
- Sodium 636.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 55.4 g