Not your boring everyday egg omelet by any means! The trick to this (or any omelet) is try to avoid overcooking, as the omelet tends to get dry, you will love this for brunch or even for week night dinner with a small side salad and a crusty roll, it's easy and so delicious! Prep time includes chopping veggies, and cooking time is only estimated.
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch baking powder (this will make the eggs fluffy)
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions (or to taste, can use chives also)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt (optional but good to add in)
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped cooked ham
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped green bell peppers
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped tomatoes
- 2 -3 fresh mushrooms, sliced (can use canned also)
- 2 -3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 -3 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, pinch baking powder, cream, onions, garlic salt and pepper (if not using the garlic salt, season with regular salt).
- Heat butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat; add in the egg mixture.
- As the eggs set; lift the edges with a spatula, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- Sprinkle with ham, green peppers, tomato and mushrooms.
- When eggs are set (but moist), remove from heat, and fold omelet in half.
- Sprinkle with both cheeses; cover the frypan for about 1-2 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately.
Wonderful! Light and fluffy. I loved the combination of cheddar and mozzarella, as did DH. I don't use garlic salt, so I substituted garlic powder and I sauteed the veggies slightly, personal preference.. A keeper, thanks for posting the great clear instructions!. Made for I RECOMMEND 2012
The DM and the DS thank you very much for this very filling and delicious breakfast, the only change I made was to use all sharp cheddar and yellow and orange capsicum/bell peppers and omited the optional garlic salt and served with buttered wholemeal/wholegrain toast. Thank you, made for I Recommend tag game and recommended by lazyme.
Fantastic! I was very tempted to saute the green pepper and mushrooms a little bit before adding to the omelet, but I'm so glad that I didn't. This is one of those recipes that shows how the taste can change depending on how you prep the ingredients. This omelet really allowed each veggie's fresh flavor to come thru perfectly. Thanks once more Kitten. Made for Zaar Stars tag game.