Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I accidentally ate one of these thinking it was stuffed with a green olive because I wouldn't have touched "pickled okra" with a ten foot pole! Now i'm hooked on the stuff! This is a quick and easy finger food. The taste is awesome! Please let me know how you like it!!!!!!!!!
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature or soften in microwave.
- spread thin layer over 1 side of ham slice.
- Cut each end off okra slice.
- Lay okra slice over cream cheese at 1 end of ham slice.
- Roll up and refrigerate until firm enough to slice.
- Slice into 1/4" swirls.
- Lay flat on serving platter.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.
These are so good and very pretty on a tray. We have always had the pickle rolls but never tried with pickled okra. So good and they look like little flowers on the tray! Thanks for giving us options when it comes to pickle rolls.
Very easy to make, has that super surprise taste and crunch! DH and I love okra period and the kids gobble them up. I love to see the look on people's faces when they ask "What's in this?" I tell them and their like..."What?" LOL. Whenever there is a gathering this is one of the most requested foods for me to bring ("Your bringing those Ham Rollup thingy's right?") Well this and my spinach dip :-) ...thanks for sharing!
PS...to Melindascrubbs...leave you ham in one piece, let your cream cheese get to room temp and roll it tight like Sushi. Then put them in the fridge for 15-20 minutes (covered) then take them out and cut them!
Simple and easy! My daughter who loves pickled okra just loved them.