Recipe by Stacky5
This was a casserole that my Mom used to make, but I had lost her recipe...I recently found one really similar to hers on the Campbell's website, so I added what I knew she added, thereby "tweaking" it to my own taste. Very easy, and very tasty! True comfort food...
Top Review by *Parsley*
Delicious. I made this using 12 oz of egg noodles and it was still nice and creamy. It's great served with a side of steamed broccoli. This makes a nice quick dinner thay everyone will enjoy. Thanx for sharing. Miss ya, Stacky!
- 8 ounces extra wide egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb cooked ham, cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (Campbell's)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain and slightly butter.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a 4 quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute for 1 minute. Add ham and cook for about 15 minutes, until the onion is tender. (Stirring occasionally.).
- Stir in the soup and the milk. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook and stir for 5 more minutes.
- Add the cheese and stir until it melts.
- Gently mix in the noodles and cook just until heated through.