This was a casserole that my Mom used to make, but I had lost her recipe...I recently found one really similar to hers on the Campbell's website, so I added what I knew she added, thereby "tweaking" it to my own taste. Very easy, and very tasty! True comfort food...
- 8 ounces extra wide egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb cooked ham, cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (Campbell's)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain and slightly butter.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a 4 quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute for 1 minute. Add ham and cook for about 15 minutes, until the onion is tender. (Stirring occasionally.).
- Stir in the soup and the milk. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook and stir for 5 more minutes.
- Add the cheese and stir until it melts.
- Gently mix in the noodles and cook just until heated through.
Delicious. I made this using 12 oz of egg noodles and it was still nice and creamy. It's great served with a side of steamed broccoli. This makes a nice quick dinner thay everyone will enjoy. Thanx for sharing. Miss ya, Stacky!
This was good. Nothing that says "Wow!", but still good comfort food.
This was a gloppy nasty mess. Like the other reviews said I could of added another quart of milk and it STILL would have a solid lump of mess that if you follow these directions dies not turn out AT ALL like the picture. First off if I'm correct it calls for using ham that is basically already cooked and then the instructions call for cooking it with the onion for 15 minutes? That made the ham shrivel up into hard tasteless crumbs. The instructions never say when the additional seasoning and ingredients are supposed to be added and even though we added peas, an additional cup of milk, additional salt