1/1 Photo of Ham & Noodle Casserole
1 hr 5 mins
Sherri Dodsworth's Note:
Someone once defined eternity as two people and a Christmas ham. When my husband and I received not one, not two, but three Christmas hams in one week, I came up with this recipe, which has since become one of our post-holiday favorites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1 lb diced leftover cooked ham
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken and mushroom soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushroom pieces
- 1/2 cup chicken bouillon or 1/2 cup broth
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 5 dashes Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons melted margarine
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cook noodles according to package directions.
- 3Drain and pour into large mixing bowl.
- 4Saute celery and onions in skillet with oil over low heat until vegetables are translucent, not browned, about 5 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat and stir into cooked noodles.
- 6Stir in ham, soup, mushrooms, bouillon or broth, cheese, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, marjoram and Tabasco, if using.
- 7Pour mixture into an ovenproof casserole dish.
- 8In a small dish, stir together melted butter or margarine and bread crumbs until well blended.
- 9Sprinkle between your fingers over the surface of the casserole.
- 10Bake casserole in oven preheated to 350°F for 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham & Noodle Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.3
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 132.8 mg
- Sodium 358.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 32.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream of chicken and mushroom soup